Saturday, May 27, 2017

Review: Phyto Hair Products


I've never been the person who spends money on expensive hair products as drugstore one worked just fine for me. After dieting for a couple of years, being under stress at work and not using professional products - I have started noticing the deterioration in the quality of my hair and this was the real call for action. I was contacted by the PR agency of Phyto hair, a french hair brand and they were kind enough to send me some products to test out. Thus, today's review will be all about my favourite products from their range. 
The brand was found by a fellow called Patrick Ales in the 1950's. It came to his attention that many of the common hair products were made of chemicals, this was taking a toll on everyone's hair and causing more damage if its bleached or coloured. Thus, he decided to dig deeper into plants, understand their mechanism and come up with products that are much gentler on the hair.

Without too much rambling about the brand, let's start reviewing the products!

1- Phytokeratine Ultra Repairing Mask (AED 145):
This hair mask is supposed to restore damaged/brittle hair as it's formulated with two types of Hyaluronic acid. Also, it claims strengthening the hair and providing voluminous long lasting locks. The product is to be applied on washed damp hair and left for 5-10 then rinsed with water. It might seem a little heavy like a thick paste on the hair but once it's washed you can already see the difference. It helped smooth out my hair, deeply hydrate it and made it much easier to style with hot tools.  If you have extremely damaged hair due to excessive colouring or styling, it's recommended to use this product twice a week - otherwise once is enough. It terms of hydration this product deeply nourished my hair but I haven't seen much difference on the thickness or volume of my hair. However, this product does not weigh my hair down in any shape or form so i will continue using it.

2- Phytokeratine Extreme Exceptional Cream (AED 175):
This is a leave-in cream that is supposed to regenerate hair fibres, strengthens it and protects it against heat. I like to apply it on my hair ends after i'm done styling it, this helps tame any fly aways and gives my hair more shine. The product is feather light and does not weight the hair down or make it look greasy, which I always look for in hair products. Since the product has protecting properties you can use it before blow drying or flat ironing to reduce any damage caused by these tools.Also, all phyto products have a distinctive scent that isn't offensive and leaves your hair smelling great. 

3- Repairing Thermal Protecting Spray (AED 105):
As the name of this product suggests, it is designed to protect the hair against heat and give it a supple shine. It feels extremely light weight on the hair due to the runny texture and it gets absorbed by the hair quite quickly. The spray does not make the hair feel greasy unlike other hair protecting products in the market. However, I do not recommend applying any protectants on the roots regardless of the consistency, especially if you have an oily scalp. Otherwise, this product works great in protecting against heat damage and boosts the shine of the hair.

Overall opinion:
I have been using these products for more than a couple of months now and have to say they are quite impressive. After years of neglecting my hair, I highly suggest paying more attention to the products used and investing in a good hair routine. If you're on the hunt for high quality and reliable hair products - I suggest trying out Phyto. There are several ranges to choose from depending on your hair type and concern, so i suggest checking them out. Phyto is on the higher end of the spectrum but it's worth every penny :) 

Note: Phyto products are available on Basharacare.com

No comments:

Post a Comment