Monday, January 2, 2017

Review: Revlon Products

Picking up the best of drugstore makeup is never an easy task for me, as I'm constantly trying new items every month. That being said, there are affordable brands that always stand out to me comparing to others and one of them is Revlon. I was sent a few products last month, which i've been testing quite a lot and today i'll share my review about them.

As usual, I have to mention that products were kindly sent to me by Revlon but all opinions are my own and based on my personal experience with the items.

Ultimate All-in-one Mascara:
I was so excited to receive this mascara as many bloggers/YouTubers raved about it. The product is supposed to deliver these 5 benefits: volume, length, lift, definition and intense colour. Also, the wand is uniquely shaped in which it has a hollow core on one side to deposit the product and an oval shape when you turn it for the ease of application. My first observations were the smooth formula that glided on the lashes easily, the intense black colour from the first coat and of course volume/length. In terms of lift, i felt like my lashes were not extremely curled but this could just be the nature of my lashes (extremely flat) and pairing it with a lash curler solves the issue. Also, I wore this mascara almost the entire day and it stayed put without smudging or flaking. The only downsize for me was the size of the brush which is slightly smaller comparing to other mascaras, so the application can consume more time. However, I have to admit the brush is extremely good at grasping the tiny lashes at the inner corners of the eyes and lower lash line. Overall, I think the mascara is high quality and highly recommend it for all the benefits it gives.


2- PhotoReady Kajal - Matte Eye Pencil:
It's a matte eye pencil that is supposed to deliver intense colour that glides on effortlessly. It has the product on one side and a built in smudger sponge on the other side. The colour I have is "Matte Coal" which is an intense black but it also comes in another 3 shades: brown, grey and blue. The application was indeed smooth, intense and it didn't set immediately which gave enough time to play around with it. The smudger was actually useful to blend out the product and felt soft on the eyes unlike other pencils. The colour lasted the entire day without giving me panda eyes, but keep in mind we are still in winter so i wish the formula was waterproof for hot summery days. Overall, the PhotoReady pencil is a brilliant one as you can use it to draw a flick, intensity the lash line or even as a base shadow for smokey eyes. 




Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick (Seductive Sienna): 
This lipstick range is one of the most iconic as it has been used by women around the world for the past 7 decades. It comes in more than 82 shades and 4 gorgeous finishes: créme, matte, pearl and sheer. The trendy colours are supposed to contain intense pigment while feeling velvety smooth on the lips. The colour sent to me is "Seductive Sienna" from the matte range and it's a subtle brown-red nude. The formula of this lipstick blew me away as it didn't drag or look patchy on the lips even though its matte. Also, my lips stayed hydrated most of the time and the product did not settle in any lines on my lips. The colour itself was new to me as I didn't have anything similar in my collection. I have to admit the colour is not transfer-proof so it won't set completely like liquid lipsticks. However, it's extremely easy to touch up after eating/drinking and won't feel gross on the lips even after applying several layers. Thumbs up to this hydrating matte formula as we need to take a break from the ones that suck the life out of our lips!




Overall opinion:
I'm impressed by these three products by Revlon as they passed my standards with flying colours. I'm curious to try other colours from both the eye pencil and lipstick as they both performed really well as drugstore products. Also, the mascara has definitely become one of my favourite ones in a long time and I'm using it almost everyday. I highly recommend putting these products on your list for the next shopping trip. 

Note: Products can be found at all lifestyle gulf stores as well as famous drugstores/hypermarkets and prices are as follow:
- PhotoReady Kajal AED 37
- Lustrous Lipstick AED 45
- All in one Mascara AED 60

No comments:

Post a Comment