Sunday, December 4, 2016

Review: Derma E Hydrating Range


This year, I have come to know that my skin on the dry side and it struck me hard. I remembered the times my mom used to say enjoy having combination skin as this means your skin is still young and elastic. Obviously, I had to switch up my entire skincare routine to comply with the changes - using all rich and hydrating products. I was invited to a media even by "Derma E" last month to discover their hydrating range and of course was all set to learn more about the products. 

Derma E has been in the market for around three decades now; they are known for injecting their products with healthy vitamins and antioxidants to address various skin types/concerns. I have personally experienced several ranges from this brands and swear by each product. Moreover, the brand is committed to environmental sustainability as their products are 100% vegan, cruelty free, does not contain Parabens, Sulfates, petrolatum, mineral oil, artificial colours, gluten, soy or GMO's.

Just a quick disclaimer, the products mentioned in today's post were all generously gifted to me by the brand during the event and some of them are in sample size.

1- Hydrating Cleanser with Hyaluronic Acid (175ml):
As the name suggests, the product contains Hyaluronic acid which purifies, restores and refreshes the skin. Also, it contains papaya extract to exfoliate/regenerate the skin as well as lemongrass to tone and tighten the skin. The cleanser comes in a transparent gel format, its lightweight and has a very mild/non-offensive scent. The formula lightly foams even though it does not contain soap, also considering the exfoliating properties the product felt extremely gentle on the skin. My first impression on this cleanser was:
- It eliminates dirt/oils and skin feels really clean. 
- Does not irritate or aggravate the skin.
- Comes with a pump (whoop whoop!)
- It leaves the skin feeling restored and hydrated. (Not stripped)
- Complexion instantly feels radiant and smooth. 
- It hasn't tightened/firmed my skin but I don't mind it. 
I have to admit this cleanser has passed the test with flying colours and I would totally re-purchase it again. After giving this product a shot, I think people with combination/oily skin would still enjoy it - even though it's geared towards normal/dry skin. 

2- Hydration Day Cream with Hyaluronic Acid (Sample):
Once again, the main ingredient in this cream is the Hyaluronic acid which delivers a long lasting moisture, plumps the skin and reduces fine lines. Also, it contains potent elements such as Aloevera, green tea, vitamin C and E which all work as antioxidants and protect the skin against free radical damage. It comes in a rich white cream formula which might seem heavy, but I was surprised with how easy it spreads on the skin. My first impression on this cream was:
- Its not extremely fast absorbing but that means your skin will stay hydrated for long.
- It instantly makes fine lines disappear. (Yes, I do have expression lines on my forehead!)
- Does not look/feel overly greasy.
- Comes in a pot which is less hygienic but you can always use any tool to scoop it out. 
- Skin looks more plumped and radiant. 
- Not suitable for people with oily skin as it's slightly thick in texture.
- Perfect as a base before makeup. (Contains Glycerin)
I'm a big fan of this cream as it helped transform my skin within a short time. However, I wish it contained sun protection so that I don't have to layer so many products in the morning. 

3- Hydrating Night Cream with Hyaluronic Acid (Sample):
I won't ramble a lot about the night cream as it almost has the same ingredients and benefits as the day cream. The only difference is the colour of the cream as this one is pinky/beige while the other one is white. It's supposed to rejuvenate and restore your skin while your sleep as well as smooth and fill in fine lines. I can surely say that it does what it claims as I always wakeup with my skin feeling so soft and hydrated. However, if your skin is overly dehydrated I suggest pairing both creams with a face serum.

4- Hydrating Eye Cream with Hyaluronic Acid and Pycnogenol (14ml):
This cream is supposed to revive and hydrate the delicate skin under the eyes. The Hyaluronic acid is supposed to reduce visible fine lines and crow's feet while pycnogenol improves elasticity. Also, it contains witch hazel which helps tighten the skin around the eyes and make it look more youthful. My first impression on this cream was:
- Very lightweight and a little bit goes a long way.
- Hydrates without feeling sticky. 
- Can be used on the lids as well. (Does not sting the eyes)
- The nozzle can dispense more than the desired amount so you need to be careful.
- Visibly makes your under eyes feel more relaxed and less puffy.
 The cream falls under the "Okay" category for me - It does what most eye creams do. However, I would still recommend it as an all natural eye cream that helps protect the contour of the eyes against environmental damage. 

Overall opinion:
Derma E has always been one of my favourite skin care brands and the hydrating range did not let me down as well. I highly suggest trying out this range if you suffer from dry skin and want products that are actually effective. I'm curious to try out the face mask and serum from the same range as I'm sure they would compliment the my skincare routine. I can totally see myself purchasing many of these products again and again. 

Note: Prices of the products are as follow:
Cleanser AED 120
Day Cream AED 225
Night Cream AED 235
Eye Cream AED 180

All products are available at Basharacare.com and all well-known pharmacies across the UAE.






No comments:

Post a Comment