Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Brand Review: Note Cosmetics


The beauty of grabbing new products to try when you're on a holiday is having no choice but to use these items continuously for a straight week or two. while that might sound torturous for some of you, I find it really useful to form a proper opinion about a product/brand. So, I have done just that while I was on a trip to my home country earlier this month and I'm going to review a few items from a new brand called "Note Cosmetics".
Honestly, before attending the press event that was organised for this brand I had absolutely no clue about it. I also did some research myself, it's basically an italian brand that is being manufactured in Turkey, so the quality of the products is something to look up to. All their products contain vitamin E which makes it really gentle and soft on the skin. The event showcased note cosmetics products on models; ranging from daytime looks to dramatic red carpet looks and it was nothing but impressive. As a disclaimer before starting the review: All products mentioned in today's post were kindly given to me as PR gifts but all the opinions are purely my own.

1- Note Creamy Lipstick (Shade: Fashion):
It's in the format of chubby pencil which makes it really easy to get around the shape of your lips. The formula is very creamy as the name suggests, opaque, comfortable to wear/non-sticky and it fades nicely without crumbling or creasing on the corner of the lips. On the other hand, it's advisable to use it sparingly; especially if you opt for a bold colour as it might bleed a little if you apply too much at once. Makes sure you apply a lip liner beforehand then use a brush to distribute the lipstick on your lips. The shade I got is a bold true red - suitable for evening and dramatic looks but if you like to rock a red lip in the morning you do you! I have to admit that it's not the most long wearing lipstick after eating/drinking but you can always grab it in your hand bag for touch up. Absolutely recommend if you're looking for a comfortable lipstick with high pigmentation. (It comes in a total of 8 shades)

2- Note Long wearing Lipstick (Shade: Funny Lips):
Another lipstick that is really worth trying out. This one comes in a typical lipstick bullet format with a simple black packaging. The colour I have received is a very bright pink with a semi-matte finish.  The formula is less shiny than the creamy lipstick hence it lasts more on the lips. However, the comfort of wear and ease of application were not compromised which is absolutely brilliant. The shade can be worn any time through out the day and very spring/summer appropriate. Pairing it with a lipliner will always guide you, if you're not good with applying lipsticks. Once again, highly recommend trying out this lipstick which comes in 18 shades.

3- Luminous Silk Eyeshadow Quad (Shade: 04 Qua):
I was very excited to try out this quad because the one I got has plum/purple shades. (My favourite) 
The formula of these shadows blew me away; they were very buttery smooth, build able,pigmented and blends out like a dream. The packaging is very handy to grab in your hand bag and you can easily transform your makeup from day to night. Longevity wise, they stayed on the entire day without fading or creasing but again make sure you apply an eye primer before hand. There are 6 quads to choose from in total, they are also famous for their "Professional Eyeshadow" palettes which I'm very curious to try in the future. Recommended if you're looking for an affordable yet high quality makeup palette to grab on the go.

4- Note Icon Nail Enamel (Shade: 517):
Another exciting product to talk about is their Icon nail polishes. The shade I have received is a bright Fuschia pink which is one of my preferred colours for nails. The formula of the nail polish is very vibrant, shiny and opaque. On the other hand, I found that it takes quite some time to dry down so it can be a problem if you're a 2-3 coats type of person. This issue can easily be solved by applying a top coat but I wish the formula was fast drying on it's own. The good news is it comes in more than 40 shades; ranging from nudes to bold and dark colours.

Overall Opinion:
I'm very impressed with the quality of Note cosmetics products as and it is honestly one of the best drugstore brands I have ever used. The wide range of products allows you to create endless looks without having to spend a fortune. I definitely recommend each one of the products I have mentioned above and I'm curious to try more from their brand. 

** All Note cosmetics products are available at Life style Gulf stores across the UAE. Prices are as follow:
- Creamy Lipstick AED 49.
- Long Wearing Lipstick AED 39.
- Eye Shadow Quad AED 54.
- Nail Enamel AED 14



No comments:

Post a Comment