Saturday, August 27, 2016

Review: Kiko Cosmetics Haul


This year has definitely been one of the most experimental in terms of new makeup/beauty brands. I have been eyeing a few brands for over a year now, one of my new year's resolutions was to quit procrastinating and start implementing in many areas of life. This includes buying stuff that has been pending on my wish list for so long and one of these things is Kiko cosmetics. 


As many of you might know, the brand is originally from Italy, Milan to be more specific and it all started in 1997. (whoa! didn't know that too) They offer a huge range of makeup products , nail care products, skincare items and even beauty accessories. The colours/textures of their products are highly influenced by Milan as a city that is well-known for it's impeccable art, fashion and design. Also, their team is always behind the latest trends in the market, they understand women's needs and translate them into high quality products with affordable prices. Some of their limited edition collections are even inspired by social media phenomenas, bloggers, public figures, food and design.
Finally, they have paid close attention to the safety and quality of their product by producing Paraben and cruelty free cosmetics. (Thumbs up!) 

I know this post is already becoming lengthy so i'll start reviewing the stuff I bought right away!

1- Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadows (Around AED 45):
I'm a big fan of cream shadows in general but the ones in stick format has a special place in my heart. So, I picked up two shades from their long lasting stick shadows which comes in 32 gorgeous colours. The first shade is 21 which is a shimmery pink/champagne colour and it's perfect for a soft day look. The other colour is 36 which is nothing like anything I have seen before; It's a shimmery rose gold with a hint of lilac in it. I'm not a big fan of numbering the products instead of naming them but I had to get used to that as all of their products are numbered. The formula of these sticks is extremely creamy and blendable but the pigmentation didn't show much on my lids. It could be that the colours I chose are more suitable for paler skin tones but I secretly wished they were more pigmented. They also helped my powder eye shadows stay on better and not crease or fade. I highly recommend testing this product on your eyelids not on the back of your hands in order to choose the right shades for your skin tone. 

2- High Pigment (Wet/Dry) Eyeshadow (Around AED 35):
I was so excited to buy their wet eye shadows but apparently they didn't stock them at the Dubai store. Instead, I bought a lovely shade from their high pigment range which can also be used wet or dry and it's the number 16. It's a beautiful shimmery off-white shade with a hint of gold; the formula is very buttery and the pigmentation is decent. Obviously, if you want to intensify the colour you can always mix it with water or fixing spray which will also make it last longer. I like to use it as a highlighter on the high points of my face as the formula is very fine and doesn't look chunky on my skin. They have around 107 shades from this eyeshadow (Insane!), ranging from shimmery, satin to matte finish.

3- Lasting Precision Automatic Eye Pencil & Kohl (Around AED 35):
I'm all about coloured eye liners this summer, especially the water proof ones and when I spotted this mint green shade 09 I had to grab it. It's a retractible eye pencil with a smudger on the other side but I never really use that and prefer using my own brush. The pencil is extremely pigmented, it glides on the lids/water line smoothly and it stays put all day. I'm planning to buy more colours from this range because it's one of the best I have ever used. 

4- Smart Eye Pencil (Around AED 19):
This has got to be my least favourite purchase due to the colour chosen; I have gone for the bright lilac shade 805 which seemed lovely swatched on my hand but not on the eyes. I have always dreamt of the perfect purple eye liner and obviously this was not the one. Also, The formula of these pencils are dryer than the retractible ones which made it even harder for the colour to show. I'm still trying to find a way to use it, most probably I will try to blend it on the water line and put an eyeshadow on top to intensify the colour. There are other ranges of eye pencils with different textures to explore so I will keep you updated incase I try any of them.

5- Creamy Colour Comfort Lip Liner (Around AED 25):
I was so excited to try this range of lip liners as many Youtubers praised the colour and texture of this product. I have chosen a lovely nude pink 301 which is the perfect everyday 'your lips but better' shade. The formula is indeed very creamy on the lips and extremely comfortable to wear. The pigmentation is beautiful and the formula is waterproof so it simply does not budge. I have posted a show down picture on instagram last month comparing this liner with the shade 'Pillow Talk' by Charlotte tilbury, it's just the perfect dupe! I highly recommend this range of lip liners as the colours and formula are just gorgeous. 

Overall opinion:
I'm highly impressed with Kiko cosmetics as their products are high quality and their prices are very affordable. Also, they have an insanely wide range of products which will keep you busy for hours at their stores! From the products I bought, I highly recommend their retractible eye liners as they are very intense/vibrant, the high pigment eye shadows and the lip liners. On the other hand, I can't judge the cream eye shadow sticks as I feel like the colours were not the perfect match and I'm planning to try out other shades. As for the smart eye pencil, I don't think I would be purchasing more colours from that as I didn't like the formula. I'm curious to try their skincare, lipsticks, base products and blushes (Basically everything else!) and I will definitely share any new purchases with you in the future. 

Note: I have thrown the receipt after buying these products so I'm not sure about the exact prices but I have posted an approximate price next to each item. All these items can be found at the Kiko Milano store at Deira City Center. 

No comments:

Post a Comment