Sunday, November 15, 2015

Brand Review: Givenchy Live Irresistible collection


I don't remember when was the last time I bought an entire collection of a certain brand, let alone high end brands, but recently I was lucky enough to attend an event organized by Givenchy and Glambox for the launch of the Live Irresistible fragrance. The team was generous enough to give me an entire makeup collection along with the new fragrance & I'm so excited to share my thoughts with you about every single one of them.

Before I start, I have to warn you that this post might be a little lengthy so grab a cup of coffee/tea or a snack and keep yourself comfortable while reading!

The concept behind the perfume:
This fragrance is all about bringing something a little extraordinary in every woman's life. it's a shout out for every lady to live life to the fullest, make the most out of every opportunity and be happy and carefree in general. I fancy the girly theme of the collection which was reflected on their choice of pink roses in the campaign, especially for the fragrance, yet i'm more gravitated towards the elegant and modest touch on the collection, which was embodied by the beautiful Amanda Seyfried.

1- Live Irresistible perfume (40ml): 
Notes: Fruity floral , frizzy and spicy.
Top: Juicy Pineapple , Heart: Spicy rose and Base: Amber accord.

Obviously, I had to write these details above because I'm rubbish at explaining scents, for me fragrances are either good or annoying,so if you are interested in these details, knock yourself out! 
I can't even tell you how many comments I receive whenever I wear this perfume. It's just the perfect combination of a fruity, floral and spicy scent, which can be worn during the day or night. I'm already thinking of repurchasing another bottle because I abused my current bottle and there is barely anything left in it!

2- Prisme Quatour eye shadow palette in "Braise":
I don't buy eye shadow palettes often as it takes me ages to go through one, especially the big ones, but I was so thrilled to receive this quad along with the other goodies. I have to admit that the color combination of the palette is a little bizarre, also all the colors are extremely glittery and there is not a single matte color to use as a transition. Thus, it was a little bit challenging to create a look with the four colors together, but you can easily pair them with any matte colors that you have. Also, the texture is a tad powdery for me, which causes a lot of fall out and that can be a little messy if you already have base products on! So, I advise you to spray some fixing spray on your brushes before dabbing it in these shadows in order to prevent fall outs.



3. Magic Kohl eye liner pencil in "Black":
I have already mentioned this liner in my previous monthly favorites, so i won't blabber about it too much! It's pitch black, does not smudge or transfer and it has a very smooth texture.

4. Le Rouge Lipstick in the shade "Rose dressing":
Let's take a moment to admire the glorious leather and metal packaging of this lipstick! This shade is insanely sexy, it's just the perfect coral/pink lipstick which compliments many skin tones. The texture is very moisturizing on the lips, yet it has a satin finish to it.  I wouldn't say that it's the most long lasting lipstick out there, but pairing it with a lip liner will definitely increase the staying power.

5. Noir Couture Volume Mascara in "Black":
Again, the studs on the packaging makes this mascara a statement piece that you would want to keep in your collection! The product itself is quite good, the mascara gives both volume and lengths to the lashes with a very black finish. Also, the unique curvy shape of the wand enables the mascara to coat every single lash and the formula holds the curl quite well. However, the wand can apply too much at time, so make sure you wipe off the excess using a tissue paper before using it.



Overall opinion:
I can proudly say that i'm quite impressed by the makeup and fragrance in hand from Givenchy. I recommend this brand for anyone who wants to splurge a little on makeup/fragrances, as every single product mentioned in this post is totally worth the money. I'm very curious to try other products from the same brand, especially lipsticks, eye liners and fragrances. 

Note: Givenchy makeup products and fragrances can be found in all beauty department stores across the UAE.

No comments:

Post a Comment